AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Pair freed after questioning in Tour de France doping probe
- Patrick Mahomes shows off his scrambling ability
- Dodgers clinch NL’s top seed, West title with win over A’s
- Murray, Nuggets hang on in Game 3, cut Lakers’ lead to 2-1
- LEADING OFF: Glasnow, Rays try to win AL East, Bieber ready
- Cubs clinch playoff spot, Pirates win on Stallings HR in 9th
- With The Bigger Picture in Mind, Baylor Elected to not Force The Issue with Houston
- Academy @ Lorena Selected as our Fox 44 Game of the Week
- NCAA Approves FCS 16-Team Spring Playoff
- Baylor ‘Feels Good’ About Opening The Season This Saturday