AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Indians’ Ramirez, Reyes isolated after COVID-19 violations
- Embiid, Simmons to miss All-Star Game over contact tracing
- Sargent scores again for Bremen in 1-1 draw with Cologne
- March Madness? Pitino’s whole 1st season at Iona maddening
- Bruins coach: Carlo ‘feeling better,’ week-to-week after hit
- Rangers’ 1st Scottish title in 10 years is world record 55th
- Shiffrin left fuming over start delay after Vlhova home win
- Blachowicz, Nunes keep belts at UFC 259; Sterling wins on DQ
- No. 16 Academy Punches Ticket to State Semifinals
- UMHB Men’s Basketball Rolls Over Howard Payne to Close out Regular Season