AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- China Spring Advances to State Quarterfinals in 31-13 Statement Win
- Oregon State upsets No. 9 Oregon 41-38 on Nolan’s late run
- Argyle Defeats Long Time Rival La Vega
- Live Oak Falcons Anticipate Tough Game Against New Rival in Vanguard
- Buffalo Edges Rogers 37-35
- Baylor Men’s Basketball Arrives in Las Vegas
- Behind Enemy Lines of Kansas State
- Carthage Defeats Salado in 4A DII Regional Semifinals
- 50-something Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr. hungry to fight again
- Book, defense help No. 2 Notre Dame beat No. 25 UNC 31-17