PROVO (ABC4 News)-BYU pole vaulter, Zach McWhorter, is going viral on the social media platform, TikTok, but for a painful price.
McWhorter, a 21-year-old student, was practicing his pole vaulting skills when disaster struck. At first, the video he posted to TikTok seems like it was a normal jump however, when his pole didn’t fall the right way, it essentially impaled his scrotum.
According to Fox Sports, the athlete’s dad rushed him to the hospital where he received 18 stitches. Luckily, McWhorter says he only has a scar from the viral incident.
So far, McWhorter’s TikTok video has over 18 million views, 3.6 million likes and over 38,000 comments.
What others are reading:
- Local woman in need of help after losing everything in fire
- Latest Forecast with Chief Meteorologist Mike LaPoint
- No. 7 Lady Bears Pick up 10th-Straight victory with 70-51 win over Oklahoma State
- No. 5 McLennan Baseball Splits Doubleheader with No. 6 Crowder
- No. 21 Baylor Wins Home Opener 6-1 over UT-Arlington