FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- Monday Night Forecast with Chief Meteorologist Mike LaPoint
- UPDATE: Search for missing two-year-old called off for Monday night, expected to resume Tuesday morning
- COVID-19 spike ahead after protests?
- Trump wants governors to ‘dominate’ protesters
- Congressional Black Caucus drafting police reform bills