FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- Waco’s MLK Candlelight Vigil goes virtual in 2021
- Coronavirus deaths rising in 30 US states amid winter surge
- MCC students could be working in COVID vaccination clinics
- Temporary COVID-19 test site comes to Killeen January 19th and 23rd
- Copperas Cove asking citizens how they feel about COVID vaccine