Harker Heights FD responds to structure fire caused by gas leak

News

The Harker Heights Fire Department was dispatched to a reported natural gas leak at the Sam’s Club located at 413 W. Central Texas Expressway.

When they arrived, it was determined the gas leak was inside of the building and all occupants and employees were evacuated and accounted for. The gas to the building was turned off, and gas appliances were also turned off.

After an extensive investigation, it was determined it was not a natural gas leak – but a sewer gas leak in a very concentrated section of the building. There were no other leak levels detected in other regions of the building or area. The leak levels were determined to be safe at approximately 3:15 p.m., and the all fire department units returned to service.

There were no reported injuries.

Source: Harker Heights Fire Department

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending now

Upcoming Events

Enter to Win our Contests

More Contests