Kempner, Tx (FOX 44) – Kempner Mayor John “J.W.” Wilkerson says one person is in custody following a death resulting from a domestic incident which occurred this past Friday.

In his statement, Mayor Wilkerson said the Kempner Police Department responded to a reported domestic disturbance on Apache Street. First responders found two adult victims who were transported to neighboring trauma centers. The nature of their injuries were not released in the statement.

The mayor’s statement said it was believed that the victims were possibly attacked by a family member. A search of the area was conducted, and one man identified as Carson Nena was found and taken into custody.

At the time of the statement, one person was in an intensive care unit. Another person, identified as 61-year-old Myer Nena, of Kempner, died at the Baylor Scott & White Medical Center.

Lampasas County Sheriff Jess G. Ramos issued a statement saying the whole thing actually started Friday morning at 9:31 a.m. when his office got a call from a woman, identified as 62-year-old Gisela Nena saying her step son 28 year old Carson Myer Nena had been at her home in the 500 block of Apache kicking at the door, trying to get in. Deputies arrived a short time later and viewed home camera video showing a man believed to be Carson Nena walking outside the mobile home holding what appeared to be a stick. Deputies searched the area for him but did not find him.

Later, about 3:45 p.m. the Lampasas County Sheriff’s Office got a 9-1-1 call saying there was a man lying on the ground outside the Nena residence. Deputies arrived at 4:09 p.m. and found a man on the ground identified as Meyer Nena with what appeared to be severe injuries to his face and head. They also located Gisela Nena on the floor inside the home also with severe injuries to her face and head. Both were transported to hospitals with additional deputies and a Texas Ranger responding to the scene.

Aggravated assault warrants were obtained for Carson Nena and a search was begun for him.

About 8:40 p.m. a citizen called the sheriff’s office to report that a man fitting the description of Carson Nena was seen running in between homes in the area. Carson Nena was located a short time later and taken into custody. He was first taken to Advent Hospital for medical clearance then transported to the Lampasas County Jail. He was initially being held on two counts of aggravated assault of family or household member deadly weapon with bond set at $250,000 on each count.

The investigation is being led by the Lampasas County Sheriff’s Office and is assisted by the Texas Rangers and Kempner Police Department.