Fire leaves family in the cold

Local

There is not much damage visible from outside, but a Friday morning fire at a Waco home left the interior with damage and no heat to protect pipes or the family from cold temperatures.

Fire units were sent to 2118 Park Avenue at 4:23 a.m. on a report of smoke in the home.

When units arrived they spotted smoke coming from roof vents.

Firefighters found the fire in the attic and were able to put it out quickly and vented a wall area checking for further expansion of the fire.

The fire report indicated an electrical wiring issue triggered the fire and power was cut off to the house with the homeowner also advised to cut the water off to prevent pipes from freezing and bursting

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending now

Upcoming Events

Enter to Win our Contests

More Contests