BELTON, Texas (FOX 44) -The arrest affidavit of Capital Murder suspect 33-year-old Jay Isaiah Allen shows the timeline of events that lead to the death of 3-year-old Quintavious Trejo.

In the affidavit, a family member says Allen them on Saturday, Oct. 22nd and admitted that he made a mistake. The family member became concerned and drove from Fort Worth to Belton.

Allen then directed the person to a wooded area in the 1300 block of W. Avenue O, which was near his residence. The family member found the body of Quintavious and immediately called 9-1-1.

When an officer arrived, a woman showed him the boy’s body, which was lying face down, roughly 30 feet into the wood line. The officer rolled the child’s body over and noticed heavy bruising.

Three women at the scene told the officer that Allen had called them about, “how he messed up badly.” They say they rushed down from Ft. Worth and that Allen showed them where to find Quintavious’s body. They say he then drove off.

The body of Quintavious was sent for an autopsy to the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas County. The cause and manner of death is pending the autopsy.

This comes after Belton Police announced on social media Saturday that Allen was in custody. Police also said the body of Quintavious was found with signs of trauma. 

Allen was said to be driving a silver 2009 Buick Enclave, with the Texas license plate NNV7699.

Buick Enclave (file photo)

In addition, the Hill County Sheriff’s Office said Hillsboro Police found Allen’s vehicle, and a pursuit was underway. During the chase, Allen lost control of his vehicle and crashed at Interstate 35W and FM-67. The vehicle immediately erupted into flames, with Allen trapped inside.

(Courtesy: Hill County Sheriff’s Office)

Hillsboro PD and Hill County Deputies fought through the flames, and were able to pull Allen to safety. Hillsboro PD, Hill County Sheriff’s Deputies, Texas DPS, Grandview PD, Johnson County Sheriff’s Deputies, Careflite, Itasca Fire, Grandview Fire, and TXDOT were all on scene.

Once law enforcement had him in custody, investigators say Allen admitted to hitting the child in the chest while changing his diaper, possibly breaking his ribs. He told officers that Quintavious wheezed a little bit while he took him up to be with the other children.

Allen reportedly told investigators the other children advised him that Quintavious was making noises in his sleep. Allen claimed to have rubbed the boy’s back to calm him from a nightmare and then went to sleep.

Later that night, Officers say Allen woke up and noticed Quintavious wasn’t breathing, so started performing CPR on the toddler. When Allen realized the boy had died, Allen supposedly told the officers he ran out of the home with the child’s body and accidentally dropped him.

In the arrest affidavit, police say Allen’s statements do not match with where he said he was going or how the victim’s body was found. At this point in their interview with Allen, investigators say he requested an attorney and all questioning stopped.