FOX 44: Living Local Central Texas 5pm

Two displaced by Temple electrical fire

Local
TEMPLE FIRE AND RESCUE PATCH_1543249851927.JPG.jpg

Temple Fire and Rescue reports two people were displaced by a small fire at a home on South 27th Street triggered by a worn electrical line.

Firefighters were sent to the 1100 block of South 27th at 4:22 p.m.  and found light smoke coming from the rear of the house when they arrived.

Spokesman Thomas Pechal said they noticed a hot electrical service wire resting on a metal roof of the rear porch of the house.

Investigators said it appeared some remodeling work had trapped the service wire and over time, abrasion had occurred on the insulation of that wire, resulting in a short and causing the fire.

Damaged was listed as only about $2000.

The fire was ruled unintentional.

The two adults displaced were staying with friends.

There were no injuries.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending now

Upcoming Events

Enter to Win our Contests

More Contests