WACO, Texas (FOX 44) – The Kyle Lake Center for Effective Preaching at Baylor University’s George W. Truett Theological Seminary presents the third annual National Preaching Conference at First Baptist Church of Waco through this Thursday.
The University says that this annual festival of preaching, worship and fellowship featured some of the most gifted proclaimers of God’s Word – as well as choral praise, workshops and musical performances.
Featured speakers included:
- Beth Moore, founder of Living Proof Ministries, Houston
- Charlie Dates, senior pastor of Progressive Baptist Church, Chicago
- Mary Hulst, Ph.D., university pastor and adjunct professor, Calvin University, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Tim Dilena, senior pastor, Times Square Church, New York
- R.T. Kendall, founder of R.T. Kendall Ministries, Cross Plains, Tennessee
- Ralph Douglas West, Ph. D., founder and senior pastor of The Church Without Walls, Houston
- Patrica Batten, Ph.D., assistant professor of preaching, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, South Hamilton, Massachusetts
- Jared E. Alcantara, Ph. D., professor of preaching, The Paul W. Powell Endowed Chair in Preaching, Truett Seminary
Baylor says the National Preaching Conference is sponsored by The Kyle Lake Center for Effective Preaching, named after Kyle Lake – a Truett Seminary graduate who died in an accident while pastoring. The center aspires to provide the best possible preparation for Truett students, as well as continuing education in preaching to pastors and others in ministry.
For more information, you can visit the Truett Seminary conference website.