Space heater suspected in Woodway house fire

Local News

A Woodway Public Safety Department spokesman says a space heater is suspected in a fire that destroyed a home in the western part of town Thursday night.

The call came in from an occupant of the house at 13744 Riverview Drive at 9:38 p.m.

Firefighters arrived in minutes to find flames already showing from the roof.

Firefighters entered the home but soon had to back out and mount a mostly defensive attack after the roof collapsed.

They were on the scene until after midnight.

The occupants got out safely.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Cosmos

More Don't Miss

Trending now

Upcoming Events

Stay Connected