Workman shocked while working on sign in Gatesville

Local News

Gatesville police report one man was seriously burned when a lift came in contact with power lines as he worked on a sign.

A statement issued by Gatesville police stated that about 4:10 p.m. Monday, a workman at the corner of East Main and North 24th Street was using a lift platform to access a sign.

The platform accidentally came into contact with live electrical wires causing a surge with the worker, the platform and his truck on the ground receiving a shock.

After the electricity was turned off, members of the Gatesville Fire Department were able to use their bucket truck to rescue the worker.

He was transported by helicopter to a burn center in Austin for treatment of his injuries.

The man’s identity was not released by police and his condition was not available Tuesday.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending now

Upcoming Events

Stay Connected