(FOX News) – Criminal charges against Alec Baldwin are expected to be dropped over the October 2021 fatal shooting of “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, the actor’s lawyers told Fox News Digital.
“We are pleased with the decision to dismiss the case against Alec Baldwin and encourage a proper investigation into the facts and circumstances of this tragic incident,” attorneys Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro said in a statement.
The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office didn’t immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.
Baldwin, 64, will see the two counts of involuntary manslaughter against him dropped.
Hutchins died on Oct. 21, 2021 after a gun Baldwin was holding fired on the set of the western “Rust” in New Mexico. The group had been rehearsing a scene and Baldwin had been practicing cross-drawing the revolver.
The live round struck Hutchins and director Joel Souza.