Law enforcement agencies caught the suspect who led them on a high speed chase on I-35 North and a three hour manhunt on Thursday. 

K-9’s from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice chased the 18 year old and led him to a Woodway police officer. The officer arrested the suspect without incident at 1:43 p.m. in the area of Davis road and Trails End road. 

The teen is charged with evading arrest and detention with a motor vehicle, which is a state felony. The Department of Public Safety says more charges are pending. The suspect is booked at the Bell County jail. 

Authorities are not releasing his name until further investigation is done. 

According to DPS, the incident started just after 10 a.m. when a man robbed another man of his car at gun point at Jeff Hamilton Park in Temple. 

A few minutes after, Temple police began to chase the driver of the stolen 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis at Loop 363 in Temple near Highway 53. The suspect led law enforcement on a high speed chase, going at least 130 mph on I-35 North. 

Around 10:37 a.m. DPS reported the car crashed into a guardrail near mile marker 321 between Bruceville and Lorena. 

At that time the suspect described as a black man, wearing dark clothing took off running into a nearby wooded area. 

Federal, State and local police, along with K-9’s, horses, and helicopters were involved in the three hour manhunt. 

During the manhunt, Lorena ISD said they were aware of the situation and taking precautionary measures. Later, the City of Lorena Facebook page posted that their schools were on a soft lockdown during the incident. 

At 1:43 p.m. when police caught the suspect, they said he was dehydrated, and had some scratches but would be OK. 

“Seems like he’s very remorseful but he did do what he did. He told me he thought he was ok because the helicopter had left but the K-9’s did not give up and that’s what we have the K-9’s for and they did a good job,” said DPS Trooper, D.L. Wilson.

The victim told Temple officers that he was driving through the area when he stopped to speak to an acquaintance. That’s when the victim says the suspect pulled out a gun and demanded money. 

The two struggled over the handgun, but the suspect regained control and the victim ran and left his car behind, Temple police Sgt. Pete Ramirez said.