Smoke alarm credited for fire alert

News
IMG_1244_1486330124196.jpg

Temple firefighters say they credit a working smoke alarm for alerting three people inside a brick house. 

The fire units responded to fire Saturday around 2:30 pm in 100 block of E. Killeen Lane. 

The firefighters battled heavy smoke and flames showing in the back of the house. 

The three people safely escaped and no one was injured. 

The American Red Cross is helping them. 

The two vehicles in the garage were destroyed. 

The firefighters say the fire was caused by an unattended cooking. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Cosmos

More Don't Miss

Trending now

Upcoming Events

Stay Connected