TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The University of Alabama has announced that Nick Saban has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Crimson Tide take on the Auburn Tigers Saturday in the Iron Bowl on CBS 42 at 2:30 p.m.
The university says the coach has very mild symptoms and will not be categorized as a false positive and he will isolate at home and follow all “appropriate guidelines.”
This is the second time Saban has tested positive for the coronavirus. His first test was declared a false-positive after receiving three straight negative tests shortly after ahead of the game against the Georgia Bulldogs.
Before Saban was cleared to coach against Georgia in October, he named offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian as interim head coach. No word on who will lead the team in the Iron Bowl.
The Crimson Tide are undefeated and were just named the No. 1 team in the College Football Playoff on Tuesday.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Unaccompanied Veteran Burial taking place at Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery
- FEMA approves additional winter storm assistance for several Texas counties
- Students receive hands-on training from Texas Masonry Council
- Candlelight prayer service to be held at Coryell Health
- VIDEO: Smoke, flames billow from 3-alarm fire on Superdome roof, one injured