Waco house burns, heater blamed

News

Five family members and a pet bird escaped unharmed when fire broke out early this morning at a Waco home.

Waco fire units were sent to 3816 Pine Avenue at 4:37 a.m.

Fire was found in the attic and wall of a bathroom attached to the master bedroom.

Family members told firefighters they were awakened by the smell of smoke.

Fire investigators traced the fire to a wall mounted electric heater they said appeared to have been built into the wall when the house was built in 1955. 

Electrical wires providing power to the heater were burned through.

Fire damage was confined to the attic and two rooms.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

April 29 2021 07:00 pm

Trending now

Upcoming Events

Stay Connected